Ahead of our trip to MK Dons, their Vital Editor has stepped up and taken the 10 questions test, as we look to make it three wins in a row for the first time this season.
1) The club has been based in Milton Keynes for nearly three years now… How is everything going?
Well, it’s not good at the moment. Ok so we have a nice new stadium being built, so I suppose there is that to look forward to, but on the pitch we are in serious trouble. It looks very much like we are going down to League Two next season. This will be a disaster for the club. I expect to see many players leaving in the summer and then the fan base will dwindle due to the frustrations of this year. We have been a very optimistic bunch of fans, but of late we have had very upset fans booing the team and players. There has been run-ins with fans and the chairman, with the chairman being abusive to said fans. So at the moment it is all abit bleak!
2) Do you still find people have a bad attitude towards you over how the club came to be in Milton Keynes?
To be honest I have hardly ever had any bad attitude aimed at me or many of my fellow fans (well apart from when we played at Luton, but that is to be expected). Most grounds we have been to we have been greeted much the same as any other club would be.
3) You’re bottom of the league at the moment. Do you think you can get out of the drop zone before the end of the season?
No, we just can’t convert chances into goals. We have been crying out for a consistent goal scorer all season and we just don’t have one.
4) What sort of job has Danny Wilson done as your manager?
Well, he stopped us from going down last season, just! But to be honest he has not done anything to help us progress this season. From where I am sitting he still can’t decide who our first team should be and what position many of our players to play in!
5) Izale McLeod is one of the top strikers in this division. Just how good is he?
He is nowhere near the finished article I am afraid, and the Dons are losing out because of that. He is not consistent enough and to be honest is such a lazy player. I think he is far more disruptive to the team and the fans then he is worth keeping. Ok, yes he is our top scorer, but where has that got us? Personally I feel that we should have sold him in January! Having said all that, he will probably get a hatrick against you guys now!
6) Apart from McLeod, who are the men to watch out for on Saturday?
Gary Smith is now back in the squad and looking very good in midfield. He can create chances and score fantastic goals. Wade Small on a good day can skin defences and create goal scoring chances, as can Malvin Kamara when he is given the chance by Wilson, but that is another story!
7) What’s been the highlight of your season so far?
Going to Southampton and very nearly witnessing our boys get a well deserved result in the FA cup. Our lads did us proud that day!
8) And what about the lowlight?
Most of this season has been a lowlight for me unfortunately. We all had very high hopes at the start of the season, what with Danny Wilson on board who could shape the club the way he wanted it, but it has just not worked!… My lowest low has to be last Tuesday, when I witnessed our Chairman and fans having a go at each other!
9) We beat you 3-0 in December, yet we’re not in great form and could still get dragged back into the relegation picture. Do you think we’re good enough to avoid that?
Yes. You will not go down this season.
10) And finally, what will the score be on Saturday?
2-2. That’s a very optimistic view on my part, if I am truly honest I think you will thrash us!